How to Declare + Advising

In the Department of Theatre Arts & Dance, Majors choose a concentration:  Acting, Dance, Technical Theatre, or Theatre Studies. Minors do not formally choose a concentration but may choose to focus their coursework in one of the four concentrations.  In all cases, majors, minors, or students considering a major or a minor should feel free to contact any of the advisors below:


BA Degree in Dance
BA Degree in Theatre Arts

  • Concentration in Acting
  • Concentration in Technical Theatre
  • Concentration in Theatre Studies

How to Declare

  1. Obtain a Change of Major form from the Theatre Arts and Dance department office in Ives 206 (or any department office), or from Admissions and Records.
  2. Make an appointment with an advisor, who can review with you goals, program requirements, and courses to take next.  The appointment does not commit you to declaring a Theatre Arts & Dance major. If you’re not sure which concentration to declare within Theatre Arts & Dance, just make an appointment with an advisor in an area that may be of interest to you, and they can point you in the right direction.
  3. When you know you want to declare, have the advisor sign the Change of Major form, then leave form in the clear mailbox on the side of the Chair’s door in the 2nd floor office.